Creating Life at the Villa Coro di Rane

This blog is about being in the moment - creating life one instant at a time, whether in the flesh or on paper.




Thursday, March 15, 2012

WATER AT 145 FEET!!!

I left on Tuesday to drive to McLean, so I communicated by phone with the well drillers, the brothers Eversole, Terry and Mike. The drilling on Monday and Tuesday got them down to 140 feet, where they began to encounter gravel. There was water there, but it was "nasty", and the gravel fell in on itself, making it impossible to keep the hole open. They decided then to line the hole with galvanized metal and drill a little deeper before abandoning the hole. This was the report I got on Wednesday.

So, imagine my surprise when during a break in my class on Thursday I looked at my phone and found a message from Terry. He called to say,"Hey, Ms. Lewis, I thought I would touch base with you to let you know we've got your well lookin' pretty good!" That extra 5 feet made a huge difference. They found a huge vein of water and were able to pump it clear. Terry says there's enough water there to supply 3 or 4 houses. They "shocked" the well with chlorine to clean out the whole system, including the existing pipes in the house. It was a nail biting, but exciting, process and the best part is that I have water! No more naked rain dances.

Here are 3 video clips that show the guys bringing in the big drilling rig and getting it in place, raising the boom, and starting to drill.





No comments:

Post a Comment