Creating Life at the Villa Coro di Rane

This blog is about being in the moment - creating life one instant at a time, whether in the flesh or on paper.




Friday, March 2, 2012

70!

Can't believe it, but I turned 70 on January 20, 1 day before Nicholas turned 6 and 1 week before Tara had her 43rd. Heather and Dudley hosted a dinner party for me and my wonderful family and friends pitched in to get me an iPad, which I have been wanting since they were first introduced. Andy took me to the Apple store to pick it out under the ruse of "doing an errand". What an exciting moment when we walked into the store!


Tara also gave me a hip "fur" and leather vest and an orange tank top, and my grandson the artist, made me a beautiful card. My sister sent a lovely vase of roses and a set of placemats and napkins with a sunflower motif. Andy & Teri cooked a delicious dinner with a Middle Eastern theme.

Of course, there was entertainment. Andy wrote a song for the occasion - one of his best, I might add - and Teri, Dudley, and Heather joined him in singing it. Here is all but the first couple of seconds that I lost while finding the camera.



After the song we drank lots of champagne while people toasted me with lavish words of praise. Of course, I accepted it all - whether deserved or not! Their words smoothed the passage into the new decade.

No comments:

Post a Comment